tangled part III

March 30th, 2010 · No Comments

I’ve spent a bit more time with the tangled experiment. I made the switch from Processing’s built-in DXF exporter to using Nervous System’s Obj Exporter - The FBX library is good but when importing the Processing-generated geometry into Modo, each triangle is a separate entity which makes it difficult to perform any Modo-specific tasks on the form as a whole. The Obj library solves this problem.

render9_small.jpg

I’ve also started adding a bit of volume to the ribbons which comes out nicely when rendered in Modo using an HDR map as lighting. I’m really trying to limit the amount of tweaks I do in Modo but I wanted to push for a ‘plastique fantastique’ look for this so soft edges and HDR was an obvious choice. Here’s the latest iteration of renderings.

render6.jpg

render7.jpg

Tags: experiments · processing · code driven graphics

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree