tangled

March 25th, 2010 · No Comments

This evening I found some time to experiment a bit with some Processing bits that’s been collecting dust in my sketchbook for ages: Spherical ribbons, DXF exports and rendering models in Luxology Modo. Oh my.

First I simply let the ribbons flow around the sphere with long tails….

tangled_01.jpg

The output seemed a bit sterile and boring so I added some noise to ribbons heads and allowed them to pause mid-flight (before forming the sphere).

(screengrab from Modo)

tangled_02.jpg

And here’s the rendering…

tangled_03.jpg

Look, it’s the flying spaghetti monster!

It’s tempting to spend too much time tweaking lights / materials / camera settings in Modo with too little focus on the code generating the shapes - oh well, it was an evening well spent getting my head around linking beginShape(TRIANGLE_STRIP) with Modo’s wonderful rendering engine

Tags: experiments · processing · code driven graphics

0 responses so far ↓

  • There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.

Leave a Comment

Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree